Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday 1/20/11 - 4:35 pm

I cannot believe we only have 3 more days here. This week has flown by.

This morning we had the opportunity to go to Faith Academy. It is a school for missionary kids. There are about 700 kids, Elementary thru High School that go there. It is an awesome campus..on a mountain and over looks Manila. The parents of these kids all work in Manila as missionaries and about 15% are boarding students so they live in a dorm and their parents work in other parts of Asia. It was so neat to see this school. I am so glad we had the opportunity to do this. Some past Taylor students have student taught at this school. So always a great opportunity to think about so it was fun to check it out since we were here. They also gave us cinnamon rolls and coke light..what could be better then that ;)

When I got to school after lunch my kids came screaming to me and gave me the biggest hugs ever. I felt like a mom. They were freaking out and wondering where I had been all morning and they said how much they missed me. I do not know what they are going to do tomorrow since tomorrow is my last day. They are going to be such a mess on Monday, that makes me so sad. They were already missing me after me not being there for 4 hours. I guess it just really hit me, you sometimes don't realize what an impact u make in peoples life until it is time to leave them. They have made such an impact in my life as well. I am so sad to leave them. They kept asking me when I was going to come back and visit and if I would always remember them. Tomorrow will be a tough day, very bittersweet.

I do not know where God will lead me in the future. But I will always remember them and will continue to pray for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment