Thursday, January 6, 2011

My First Full Day at Class

Jet leg got me this morning since I was up at 4 am. At least I got 8 hours of sleep because I was in bed by 8 last night..I think that is the earliest I have ever gone to bed..lol. It was nice though because I got to talk with Adam this morning and he really gave me a lot of encouragement that I needed and he had the right words to say to carry me through the day. I am so thankful for him and thanking God for putting such a great guy in my life. 

Today was my first day in class. I was very upset at the beginning of the day because they spoke all in their native language so I had no idea what was going on. I was discouraged just because I was hoping to help and interact and this was totally not what I expected so I decided while I sat there to just pray. I prayed about a lot of things dealing with homesickness, the children, how I was suppose to interact when they spoke little English, stuff like that. I was just upset because I did not expect this at all. During my lunch break I read the verse I posted earlier this morning and it really got to me and realized that God is in control and I can do this even though I am in a tough situation.

The afternoon was AMAZING!! I mean like a light at the end of the tunnel. The lessons the rest of the day were in English, I got to help the children (even with the language barrier God allowed me a way to communicate with them), and the kids were finally opening up to me and speaking to me in their broken English so that I was able to some how communicate with them. I am so thankful for this! It is amazing how God can work through me and use me when I completely rely on him. God is continuing to remind me that he is in control and I need to stop worrying about everything under the sun and fully rely on him. I am so excited for tomorrow and I am totally going in with a new attitude.

I am also getting close to one of the teachers from the school. She is an amazing christian lady and she is really teaching me a lot and has the right words to say at the right time. Thanking God for putting her in my life here as well. I love when God says his love through people ;) 

Continue to pray for the language barrier and for my strength as my endurance is not as good right now and being in school all day with the jet leg is a killer. But again I know I can do it with God's strength. I am so thankful for what God has already taught me on this trip. God never said following him would be easy and I am totally understanding that now. It is hard to grow and learn but it is amazing what he can do when we are willing. Thanks for the prayers they mean a lot.

*sorry if this is confusing to write I am falling asleep while I am writing this...guess its time for bed..night*

3 comments:

  1. Honey, we are so proud of you.....Continue to rely on His strength....We are continuing to pray for you and all that you are envolved with....It is amazing to see when God places someone in your life, just when you need it...He is always faithful....And I am sure you are a blessing in her life as well...Thanking God for with you this morning...Let us know when a good time to skype you....Love you much....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me smile every time I read a post!!

    your soo amazing!!

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your Mom--so glad the Lord is bringing people into your life to help when you need it. And I know you are such a blessing to them! Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete