Friday, January 7, 2011

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Today was our last day of class for the week. The kids were crazy of course...I feel like all kids are on the last day of school before 2 days off. It was really fun though. I helped out a ton and I love when the kids are actually learning and it clicks. Such a great moment!! The education here is not very good so it's been fun being here helping the kids learn and making them feel smart and special. One of the kids today was struggling and I worked one on one with him and when he got it a HUGE smile came across his face. It made this whole trip worth it. I gave him a high five and he said in his broken English, "It's Perfect?" It just melted my heart knowing he had sccomplished something and was proud of it.

The kids cling to me all day long. I love it so much and I am already getting so attached to them. I am going to miss them so much when I have to leave. I can't believe I only have 16 more days here. I am so thankful that God brought me here. He has taught me so much about myself, himself, and working with the kids. It breaks my heart to see where they come from and having nothing. I find myself at times just covering them with prayer because I know that is one of the only things I can do. Is to ask God to be with them and to reveal himself to them. I just want all of these kids to have a future and to move out of these horrible squatter villages that they live in. But I know all I can do is teach them, love them and pray for them. Sometimes this is hard knowing this is all I can do, but I know God has a purpose and a plan so once again I have to trust him.

Tomorrow we are going to the waterfalls. I am excited for a nice day out and to explore God's creation here in the Philippines.

Thanks for all the prayers..They mean a lot. Some parts of the day are easier then others and I def. can feel Gods presence, love and comfort here. So keep praying. They are being felt. Love you all tons!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOw!!!! Sounds like an awesome day.....so happy the weekends here for you to relax a little and get some needed R and R... continued prayers your way...luvs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much mom. Yeah we are excited for a relaxing fun weekend and then we only have 10 more days of class. It will go fast. Love ya

    ReplyDelete