Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I love love love my classroom :)

So I got to observe in my classroom today!!! I will be in a 2nd grade class. The school I am working at is called Cuatro Christian School. Schools in the Philippines cost no matter if it is a public or private school. So Kids International Ministries (the ministry we are staying with) created this free school. They have to apply and they serve mostly families that are single parent home, no parent home, and families with multiply kids. Most of the kids come from surrounding squatter camps. It is really said but good to see them getting a quality education. I am excited to work with this ministry and show Gods love to these kids. They do not speak much English since they came from a public school last year. They are working on it so it will be very interesting but I am so excited to see what God will do through me. I am loving it here already. 80 degree weather cant get better then that :)
Jet leg is killing me tho. Forcing myself to stay awake so I will sleep tonight...and its only 4 pm here..lol. Thanks again for the prayers and I will keep you updated on all the fun happenings and adventures here!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to upload some photos on your blog? I love 2nd graders. They are one of my favorite ages to teach. You will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I will try and take pics today and Upload them. Love ya..

    ReplyDelete