Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday 1/13/11 - 4:45 pm

Hebrews 12:10-11 "They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it". 

This verse really hit me the other day when I read it. God just really showed me that it isn't easy when God is using you and changing you. I have felt that since being here and I think that has been the hardest part of me being away from home this time. But I know God has a purpose and I am excited to apply what God has been teaching me when I get home. God is so faithful and he has def. showed me that since being here. Going out to play with the street kids. 

I am so glad God brought me here. These people are amazing. It breaks my heart to see my kids in the slums in the afternoon and then in my class the next morning..but I am continuing to pray for them and love on them because that is all I can do : )


Thanks again for the prayers. TOMORROW IS FRIDAY AND THEN A FUN WEEKEND :)

2 comments:

  1. GLad to hear the things God is teaching you...not only to prepare you for your journeys here on earth, but for eternity....even though you may not see the impact you ARe making on these kids now, xnt should be comforted that your faith reminds you, you are...we love YOU much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those encouraging words Moo..it means a lot. I have to keep reminding myself that. It's FRIDAY!! see you a week from sunday..love ya tons

    ReplyDelete