Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A lesson about the Big Whale

Last week I was struggling with why I was here at camp. I had a rough day on Thursday and I didnt know if I would be able to make it. But God of course always comes through. As I was having quiet time with God last week he brought to mind the story of Jonah and the big whale. I didnt realize how much that story could actually relate to me. In the bible Jonah doesnt want to follow Gods calling and instead tried running away from God. Jonah learned fast that we can never run away from God. He was swallowed by a big whale until God doesnt he was ready to listen to him. God really showed me that I could be like Jonah if I dont follow Gods calling in my life. God has called me here this summer. Yeah, it is tough and very difficult at times, but also it is very rewarding and a joy to serve these kids. God did not say that life would be easy. Sometimes it is hard following Gods calling thats when we need to cling to him. God showed me that if I ran away from this calling then I would be like Jonah and disobeying God. I shared this with my friend Jack at camp since we have both been struggling with this. The next day he told me he was doing his quiet time and when he openned his bible the first thing that he turned to was the story of Jonah. AMAZING!! God does still speak to us and shows us how real he is. I needed this assurance to know that I was hearing Gods voice.

I had a wonderful weekend with my family in Chicago. It was great to relax, go to the taste, eat at the cheesecake factory and go shopping. It was something I needed just to refresh for the next week. I am so thankful that God gave me that rest. I love my family so much. Even though it was a fast trip it was a true blessing.

This week has been great. I have one girl that is going to be a struggle this week but I know I can make it through with Gods strength. He is trying to teach me patience this week and that is something I am going to learn. I know God has placed all 7 of my girls in my cabin for a reason and I am thankful for that. I know God will be with me every step of the way as I care and love on these children of God.

Thanks again for all of the prayers. They mean a lot. Miss you all so much!! Thanks for all the letters of encouragement they really do help and brighten my day :) Thanks again for the continued support. You guys are helping me make it through. You are all a blessing to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Love you mucho.....remember and cling to PHillipians 4:13.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM YES YES THAT IS MY FAVORITE VERSE!!

    YOU CAN DO IT BABE!! :)

    ReplyDelete