Monday, June 21, 2010

God Moments

Today I got a chance to reflect on some God moments from last week. I thought I would share some with all of you.

~ One of my little girls last week was having some issues and I wasn't sure if I was getting through to her and one of the last days she wanted to pray before bed. Her prayer was so touching. I def. felt God in that moment. It was also very encouraging.
~ On Friday we handed out Bibles to the kids. I couldn't believe how happy these kids were to receive a bible. You would have thought we handed them a million dollars, the way their faces lite up and the way they were gripping those bibles. I just thought how sometimes we take our bibles for granted. It was very eye opening for me and touching.
~ God really just taught me a good lesson today as well. I have thought I hard this is and how easy it would be to just go back to my life in Michigan for the rest of the summer but God brought the story of Jonah and the big whale to my mind. I never thought how I could relate to that story this summer. God has called me to this, even though it is tough at times, God has a reason for me being here. I can't just run away from what God has called me to even if it means it would make it easier for me. I was very thankful for that realization. Yeah this summer will not be easy but I need to trust God and know that he has me here for a reason.

God has showed me so much about myself and about him since being here.
It has been so amazing! I am so thankful for this opportunity. God has big plans for these kids this summer and I am going to continue to put my faith and trust in him
Love you all.
Thanks for the prayers. They mean a lot. I can def. feel them.
God is so good! :)

2 comments:

  1. your doing great sweetie!!!! keep it up!!! :) :) cant wait to see you super soon!!!

    ReplyDelete