Thursday, June 3, 2010

This Weekend

Things have been going a lot better today. :) I am finally feeling more comfortable here which has helped a lot. It just takes time. I really like the people I will be working with for the next few months so that is a plus. This morning we had the morning off. This was a great break from camp. I was able to go out to breakfast with my bunk-mates and then we were able to get some things from the store. (Diet coke was also a necessity we got ;) )This afternoon we worked on a lot of service projects around Riverwoods. I had to clean out an old cabin so that it can be used as a nurses station this summer. It was a lot of fun and it looks so much better now! After that we had dinner. Then we had a meeting about CAT which will take place from tomorrow morning through Monday morning.

Community Awareness Training is a chance for the staff to experience living in one of the communities we will be serving this summer.  We only get to bring a certain amount of clothing items, which all have to fit in our pillow cases. We will be living in either a government apartment or a church. (depending on what community we stay in) The staff will be divided in half so at least 20 or 25 people will be in each group. I think this will be a great experience for all of us. First it will help us bond as a group and also it will give us a chance to experience what it is like to live in one of these communities. I just ask for prayer as some of us are a little nervous about what to expect. Also pray for protection and that we are open to what God has to teach us through CAT.

Thanks again for all of your continued support and prayers. It means a lot. I miss you all tons.

Love you guys :)

P.S. I just wanted to say thanks to Lexi for the idea to start a blog. What a great idea!! I love keeping everyone connected about what going on here!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better about things! Good luck this weekend. I'll be praying for you and look forward to hearing all about it in your blog! I'm so glad you have this blog too....it's fun to hear how you're doing! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete