Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Training is in Progress

Well training has officially started. We had a very busy day on Monday just getting to know everyone and their names. There are around 50 people total that help run the summer camp. So their are a lot of us and a lot of names to remember. (This is a problem since learning peoples names are hard for me). We also met in our small groups and just really worked on getting to know everyone. Yesterday was a hard day of transition for me. It finally sank in that I will be here for 10 weeks. (A long time) But I can do it. Also I have been missing a lot of people so that has been hard. But I know God has me here for a reason and I keep trusting in that.

Today, We got a chance to go to some of the communities that we will be serving this summer. It saddens me to see how some people live. It was neat to experience that and to see where the kids come from. This afternoon was filled with a lot more information and time devoted to prayer. We are just praying for these kids a lot and ourselves.

Please just pray for my strength as the days are long and hot. Also please continue to pray for the staff and that we continue to get along and work together when times are tough. Prayer for the kids would be great also that they would be open to what we say and that they don't give us to much attitude ;). Also pray for homesickness as I am dealing with that a lot more than I thought I would.

Thanks a lot. The prayers mean a ton!! Miss you all tons. God is great and doing a good work here. I am so lucky to be apart of it :)

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you and praying for you. I am so sorry that your are struggling with homesickness (who could blame you!) and lonesomeness (of course!) We will be busy for the next three weekends--Santa Barbara, a wedding--then Miracle Camp, and you will go too, right? --then I have 4 grands by myself because Bob is going to a wedding. After that--we need to get a date for you to visit and go to a WS games with us--and Adam, too. I will subscribe so I can get your updates. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiddo, hang in there. God is going to do amazing things through your obedience. Remember it is never easy being in the center of God's will but also the right place to be. He will never leave you nor forsake you. We are proud of you and excited to hear about all your experiences. Praying for you daily!!
    Love Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda - Sounds like a plan :) Can't wait.

    Mom and Dad - Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot. Miss you guys tons!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete