Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Not about me....

God has been teaching me a lot being at Riverwoods. One thing I have been learning is that it's not all about me. It is so crazy how we can get all wrapped up in ourselves and forget that God did not call us to be selfish, but to love and care for others above ourselves. Being at camp at totally taught me this lesson. I am so busy working and dealing with the kids that I don't even have time to think about myself.
God has showed me that he has called me here to serve and that I need to take care of the children before myself. It has been a great lesson for me to learn. I love these kids so much. When times are tough here God sends me a little child to brighten up my day. I am so exhausted at the end of eachday but when I hit my head on the pillow I know that I did God's work today and that is an amazing feeling. God is so good. I am so glad he has brought me here. Yes, it is tough, But i know God has me here for a reason.
I am learning so much about my relationship with Christ while being here. Also I have learned so much about serving since being here. Thanks again for the prayers. They help so much. I feel them everyday.
I am so thankful for each one of you.

I'll leave you with a quote and a story of the day  :)

Quote: A girl told me today, "I know where chocolate milk comes from, it comes from milk." (As in the chocolate comes straight from a brown cow) hehehe..she was dead serious when she told me this. She said she has known this secret forever lol

Story: One of the girls came out of the bathroom holding toilet paper. I asked her why she had the toilet paper and she said that she was gonna make a flower out of it. (I was a little creeped out, never a dull moment around here)

2 comments:

  1. aweeee thats soo cute your girls love you!!!

    i love you and miss you babe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious....I love it...keep them coming....

    ReplyDelete