Thursday, July 22, 2010

Whom shall I send?

I was reading my devos yesterday morning and I came across this verse.

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, "Here I am send me!" Isaiah 6:8

This verse really touched me. It is so easy to forget the reason I am here this summer and to lose focus, especially during week 8, but God has continued to show me this week why I am here. He has showed me that he sent me here this summer to impact these kids lives. God is constantly sending us places that are uncomfortable and that are hard but he uses these situations to help strengthen us and grow us. Sometimes it is very uncomfortable when we are forced to grow and be stretched. I needed to hear this verse this week to remember that God has sent me here this summer. He has prepared me and equiped me to do this work this summer so I need to trust in him.

This week has been tough but I have felt God's presence around me this week and it has been amazing. It is Thursday. We have praise, canoing, capel, lunch, breaking it down, nature, and adventure. We have a fun packed day planned with smores tonight!! Continuing to pray for strength and patience this week, as this week my cabin has been filled with drama, drama, drama. We had a great talk last night and today has been a lot better. Thank God!! :)

Thanks again for the prayers. They mean a lot!!

2 comments:

  1. God is certainly faithful! I know you have been such a blessing to the kids and staff there. You are an encouragement to me! God bless you for being such a willing and faithful servant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, drama, drama, drama . . . I can just imagine. Bless you. Keep on trusting and asking God for wisdom.

    ReplyDelete