Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My angel

The start of Week #5 with kids has begun. (Week #7 since I have been at camp) This I think is one of the hardest things mentally being here. At the halfway point because we have all been here and experienced everything 4 times by now so it is hard to act like it is the first week with the kids. I have just felt a little drained as well since the last 2 weeks have been super tough and I was really sick last week. (and still trying to recover) So Monday I was a little down and just felt like I had nothing to give this week but God sent me an angel to brighten up my week and I am so thankful. I have a dwarf in my group this week. She is so adorable and def. an angel from God. She inspires me to be more loving, outgoing, and less insecure. The girls in my group have accepted her so well. They have been a great help with her. She has such an energetic spirit, I feel so blessed to have her in my group this week. She has been the breath of fresh air that I needed. We were walking in the rain yesterday and she started singing "its raining its pouring the old man is snoring.." Just her outlook on things are so positive it turns a frustrating or bad situation into a good one. It is so neat to see how God can speak to me through his children. I have learned so much working here this summer.

Adam surprised me this weekend and bought me the new Casting Crowns Cd and I just love it. The words are so encouraging and uplifting they have helped so much! Another song I love of theirs is called "If We've ever needed you". This song is so amazing. It is about how easy it is to turn away from God and act like we can do it on our own. But it just doesn't work like that. This songs talks about how we need God more and more eachday and especially on the days when we think we don't need him. I have realized while being here that the days I don't rely on God turn out horrible but the days I cry out to God the most are amazing! This song has been so inspiring to me and I love listening to it when I am down and just need God the most. When you call out to God it is amazing to see how he responds and comes to your rescue. I'll attach the lyrics below!

Hear our cry, Lord, we pray
Our faces down, our hands are raised
You called us out, we turned away
We've turned away

With shipwrecked faith the idols rise
We do what is right in our own eyes
Our children now will pay the price
We need Your light, Lord, shine Your light

If we've ever needed You
Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now
We are desperate for Your hand
We're reaching out, we're reaching out

All our hearts, all our strength
With all our minds, we're at Your feet
May Your kingdom come in our hearts and lives
Let Your church arise, let Your church arise

If we've ever needed You
Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now
We are desperate for Your hand
We're reaching out, we're reaching out
We're reaching out

If we've ever needed You
Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now
We are desperate for Your hand
We're reaching out, we're reaching out

If we've ever needed You
Lord, it's now, Lord, it's now
We are desperate for Your hand
We're reaching out, reaching out

We need You now
Revive us now
We need You now

Thanks for the prayers..please continue to pray for my health. I have this awful cough that I can't seem to get rid of. Love you all!! 

4 comments:

  1. What wonderful words....You are blossoming and it shows....So proud...Keep up the good work....LU

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are over the hump now--more than halfway. You are doing a great job. I am glad for your new CD. Music really speaks to our hearts. I know you are a blessing to the girls in your group this week. God uses us sometimes the most when we have no strength of our own. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you have music to encourage you! It always helps me when I'm down or discouraged.
    Your angel sounds like a real blessing.
    (I just finished reading all your posts, as for some reason, I didn't know you had this until about a week ago-your mom sent it to me.
    You are such a blessing to those around you and an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for all your encouraging words. It mean a lot. I am so blessed with a wonderful family. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete