Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week #6 (#8 total)

I can't believe I only have 3 more weeks of camp. It is crazy to think I have been here for 7 weeks total already. This summer has gone by way too fast. I am really missing being in Grand Haven for the summer but this has been an amazing experience. It has pushed me and stretched me in so many new ways. This week I have seven 10 year old.  I really like having this age group. They are way more independent and fun to relate too. Tuesdays are always full of different activities. Today we have nature, praise, chapel, lunch, breakin it down (small group time), sports, and adventure. Also on Tuesday evenings we have girls night with all the girl campers. Tomorrow is pool day!! :) So we are keeping very busy here.

This morning during my quiet time I was reading part of Psalms and I ran across this verse that was very encouraging to read. At this point in the summer it is easy to feel drained because we have already done 2 weeks of training and 5 weeks of camp. I was feeling really drained yesterday so it was very encouraging reading this verse this morning. I know God will give me the energy I need to get through this week. Just relying on him again this week and continuing to pray to him continually for strength everyday!!

Psalm 34: 4-9 (NIV)

I sought the LORD, and he answered me;

he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.

Thanks for the continued support and prayers. They mean a lot. Love you all tons!! God is doing amazing things here.


No comments:

Post a Comment